Gorgonzola Millet Polenta
With A Berry Salad
A simple, yet elegant, whole grain vegetarian appetizer topped with fresh fruits.
¾ cup Millet, uncooked
24 oz Vegetable stock
¼ cup Butter
¼ tsp White Pepper
¼ tsp Salt
1/3 cup + 1 tsp Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbles
1¾ cup Raspberries, fresh
1 tbs Balsamic
1½ tbs Sugar
¾ cup +1 tbs Olive oil
½ cup Spinach
1½ cup Arugula
½ cup Blackberries
1. Pulse millet in a small blender until it resembles cornmeal. Set aside until needed.
2. Line a 9x9 baking pan with plastic wrap.
3. Bring stock and butter to a boil.
4. Add millet, pepper, salt and reduce to a simmer. Stir constantly for 20 minutes.
5. Pour half of the mixture into the baking pan. Evenly distribute the cheese over the millet in the baking pan. Pour the remaining millet over the cheese. Cool millet to at least 40 º F. Cut polenta into 9 even squares. Chill until needed
6. Puree 1 cup (4.5oz) raspberries, balsamic, and sugar together with an immersion blender. Slowly pour in oil while blending until the entire mixture is emulsified. Chill in refrigerator until needed.
7. Combine spinach and arugula. Refrigerate until needed.
8. To serve: Grill polenta on both sides. Place an even amount of salad greens on each piece of polenta. Drizzle a little more than 2.5 tbs (1.6oz) of raspberry sauce over salad. Garnish with leftover berries.
Yields 9 (3x3” squares) servings
Click here to comment on this recipe
Please email your favorite millet recipe to jean@GoldenPrairie.com.
(pictures are welcomed)