Golden Prairie, A Certified Organic Millet Farm
Notes From The Hediger Family Farm
Our family farms millet on the high plains of eastern Colorado. Golden Prairie became one of the first certified organic farms in Colorado in 1989. We started farming on 63 acres, and now Golden Prairie and its growers cultivate over 10,000 acres of certified organic millet because of interested customers like you. We are proud to say we have grown with the industry; our farming techniques are state of the art and our concerns with the gluten-free industry are our priority.
As our business has flourished, we have been fortunate enough to support many good family farms; as we grew, they grew. Our agricultural group shares a common mission to provide the best millet for our customers. It is with great pride that we introduce you to Golden Prairie and our organic, gluten-free millet.
- Millet is a gluten-free grain high in protein; it is the least allergenic and most nutritious of all true grains.
- Our farm’s location in eastern Colorado, with its mile-high elevation, cool evenings, and warm, sunny days, provides an ideal environment for growing perfect, golden millet.
- Millet is harvested and stored in gluten-free facilities to be enjoyed year round.
- Millet is used like rice but cooks in half the time: 20 minutes.
- Millet has many uses such as a breakfast food, as a grain in salads, and in soups and vegetarian dishes, to name just a few.